What is a Health Coach?
Have you ever been able to have a real conversation with your healthcare provider about your health issues and concerns? Working with a health coach gives you the opportunity to be heard. Health coaches listen to what you are saying and help you decide what path you are going to take to improve the current state of your health. We are your support system, your ally, your cheerleader and your resource to help you better understand what wellness truly means for you and how you are going to get there. Health coaches are shepherds of your good health, but you are the driver. We are the bridge between you and your doctor, helping you better understand both your diagnosis and their recommendations for treatment. Health coaches are uniquely trained to help you understand what matters most to you, become empowered to make lasting lifestyle changes and reach your health goals, and how to effectively partner with your healthcare practitioner as you move through your health transformation. In all, we are your biggest wellness advocate.
Why work with a health coach?
If you answer yes to any of the following, you might consider working with a health coach:
- I feel like the old me is gone. I no longer have the energy to live my life and I want my energy back.
- I know what I need to do to be healthier, I just can’t seem to do it.
- I am exhausted, bored and stressed and want my life back.
- I have a chronic disease and I want to feel better.
- My doctor just put me on a treatment plan that includes dietary and lifestyle changes and I have no clue where to start.
- I want to do the right things now to prevent illness in the future for me and my family.
People who work with health coaches often experience a decrease in or complete reversal of:
- Brain Fog (not being able to think clearly)
- FLC (Feel Like Crap) Syndrome
- Low energy/fatigue
- Regular headaches and muscle aches
- Digestive Issues
- Autoimmune Related Pain
How does Health coaching work?
Changes don't happen overnight nor do they always stick. This is why I work with you, one-on-one, to help you make sustainable, life-long changes in many areas of your life that will incrementally improve your state of wellness. essions with me are driven by you - you set the agenda, I help you get to where you want to go. Unlike an appointment with a doctor or traditional healthcare provider, I am not an expert and I do not dictate what you need to do. Instead I explore options with you, provide resources that can help you make informed decisions, and I support you with the choice that you feel is right. I also understand that health is not just about what you eat and how you move. In truth, we cannot separate your health from your lifestyle, so while working with me, you will look at all areas of your life to see if they support your wellness.